There are two ways of getting registered as a Voter
Online methodElection commission of India now allows you to register online as a Voter.
The website will ask for your mobile number. After providing the mobile number you will receive a verification code on your mobile. Submit the verification code to proceed with the voter registration method. Select the "Fill your application form for inclusion" on the page. Click here to proceed to Online Voter Registration.
Note The link will take you to Election Commission India website
Procedure: As soon as the Electoral Registration Officer / Assistant Electoral Registration Officer receives Form 6 filed on line, he downloads the form along with enclosure and deputes Booth Level Officer to visit your residence to verify and obtain your original signature on the application form.
Offline methodFor inclusion of your name in the Voter List fill up Form 6 and submit it to the ERO (Election Registration Officer)
or in simple words to get your name added to the Voter list, fill up Form 6 and submit it to the ERO
Form 6 can be downloaded here.
We suggest you attach 2 photographs to the Form 6 alongwith the proof of the Ordinary residence. Applicants between the age of 18 and 21 years are required to attach the proof of age. Guidelines for filling Form 6 can be found on the FAQ page.
ERO contact details for your constituency can be searched here.
You can search for your name by going to the search page of your State/UT. Select your State/UT belowIn addition to the above you should also visit your State/UT's CEO.
- For inclusion of names for overseas electors Form- 6A
- For any objection on inclusion of names Form- 7
- For correction of entries in the Electoral Rolls Form- 8
- For transposition of entry in electoral roll Form- 8A
- Appointment of proxy by classified service voter to give vote / Revocation of appointment of proxy or Appointment of substitute proxy by classified service voter to give vote. Form- 13F & G
- Bonafied certificate for students living in hostel/mess click here
** Show you appreciation by clicking on the "Like" button of VoteIndia's facebook page