- Category: Official blog Official blog
- Created on Wednesday, 05 March 2014 15:44 05 March 2014
- The 2014 General Election will be spread across 9 phases. General Elections or the Lok Sabha elections are held to elect MP (Member of parliament) in the Lok Sabha / लोक सभा
- The State Elections of Andhra Pradesh, Odisha and Sikkim will also coincide with the General Elections. The State Elections are held to elect the MLA (Member of Legislative Assembly) in the Vidhan Sabha / विधान सभा
- In addition to the above the State Bye Elections for few constituencies of Bihar, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Mizoram, Uttar Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and West Bengal will also be held during the below mentioned 9 phases.
|2014 General Election Schedule (All India), (Lok Sabha, लोक सभा)|
|2014 State Election Schedule for Andhra Pradesh, Odisha and Sikkim (Vidhan Sabha, विधान सभा)|
To check the Election date for your constituency, please click on the below link for detailed information. Click here
VOTER VERIFIABLE PAPER AUDIT TRAIL (VVPAT)
The Election commission will use the Voter Verifiable Paper Audit Trial (VVPAT) system in some of the Constituencies, subject to availability of number of units. Voters will be able to receive a receipt like audit trail confirmining that they have cast their vote.
NONE OF THE ABOVE (NOTA) OPTION IN EVMs
The NOTA option will be available in the Voting Machines. When a voter presses the NOTA button, a NULL vote will be registered in the EVM. This means that the voter has not cast his/her vote for any candidate. For more information on NOTA please click here